Sunday, December 18, 2005

Went to Arthurs on the way to Launceston. A COLD and rainy day. There was a massive front I had to drive through, with driving rain and high winds. But I saw blue sky behind the rain, so I kept on driving.

Tried to fish the Lagoon of Islands, but couldnt find the road in (I bought a map to figure that out later). So I went to the cowpaddock.

Got a fish on an olive wooly bugger. It was small and skinny, with not much fight. It eventually got off. A bit later I was fishing between some trees. My cast hooked around a tree, and a nice 1.5lb brown slammed the wooly bugger. Lots of fight, and a strong, healthy fish! My first Arthurs fish!!!

A little later my line was tangled. As I was untangling the line a fish hit the stationary fly and peeled of line. But I couldnt respond due to the tangle, and lost it.

Saw 5 kangaroos and a bunny.

No comments: