Thursday, December 18, 2014

First Trip for Alvin (with his new gear)

Took Alvin to Huntsman.  He had all the new gear -- Sage rod and reel, patagonia breathable waders, new wading boots, new (and mostly empty) fly box.



Started him off on the south shore, fishing a wet.



Luke got a touch before I even got Alvin to the water!  It was looking good!  But it was a day of misses.

Luke got 3 touches.
Alvin got one.
I got a ton of touches.  I lost a tiny fish on an Olive Woolly Bugger.  I lost a nice fish (probably 1.5 lbs) on the Olive Woolly Bugger, right in front of Luke.  I think some foul language may have escaped my lips! I lost a smaller fish on a highland dun in front of Alvin.  At the last gasp I managed to hook and land a small one -- again on an Olive Woolly Bugger.

No comments: